[mythtv] OpenGL and LibmythUI status

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Jan 19 16:18:14 EST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 03:16 pm, Code Logic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was exploring myth's source and I have a few questions.
>
> * What's the status on the OpenGL based painter and libmythui?
> * Has anyone got the frontend to work with it yet?
> * Any demos/screenshots with the GL based UI?
>
> I have quite a bit of OpenGL programming experience and would be glad
> to chip in. Let me know where and how I can contribute.

There's the mythuitest app that's in the source tree (under programs) that
compiles against libmythui and uses the opengl (or qt if libmyth is modifed
slightly) engine.  There's also the mythui top level module in CVS that's the
older demo app + libmythui all in one.

Converting the entire frontend over will be a lot of work.  I really want to
start doing it sometime, probably after the next release.  Help would be
appreciated. =)

Isaac