[mythtv] Latest cvs - atscstreamdata.cpp - PSIP packet failed CRC check

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 19 09:04:51 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:
]Essentially the problem here is that the PES code doesn't compute the CRC
]for multi-packet ETT and EIT tables. In fact, for the program text tables you

Hmmm, that sounds odd, we compute it for other multi-packet tables. I'll
check this.

]On a different subject, while debugging this code, I hit an assert in the
]atsctables.cpp. I *think* the assert is saying -- "If we see table data for
]NTSC in an ATSC PSIP packet, that doesn't make sense." Well, fine.
]Except somehow I still hit it and there went my backend. Not fun. And this
]was all in toString() code that was simply going to be part of a debug message.

NTSC data does make sense in the PSIP data. But I'll look at this, you
shouldn't be hitting any asserts.

-- Daniel