[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sun Jan 16 04:55:06 EST 2005

On Sunday 16 Jan 2005 04:12, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 15 January 2005 09:46 pm, Jeremiah Morris wrote:
> > On 15 Jan 2005, at 9:27 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > These changes are incorrect, please revert them.  The error messages
> > > would be
> > > printed out with the placeholders, instead of with the actual values.
> >
> > Are we dropping Qt 3.1 compatibility then? That's what it means to
> > revert the changes without another fix in place.
>
> I'm thinking yes.  It's a pain having to support a > 2 year old version of
> a library that none of the developers use.  Let the lazy people upgrade.

I was a little surprised to see the QT3.1 workaround applied to CVS without
discussion actually. Also I don't see the need to keep CVS constantly
compatible with QT3.1 either. If someone's running CVS code they ought to be
able to spot and fix QT errors.
When it becomes time for a release then a decision could be made whether the
changes that depended on a newer QT were worth breaking compatibility.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge