[mythtv] New program -- bulk search import -- will it be harmful?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 16:57:08 EST 2005

On 14-Jan-05, at 2:58 AM, Brad Templeton wrote:

 > However, to do that, Myth's auto-expiration tool needs a concept of
 > classes of disk space so that, for example, suggestions are always

Something I'd like to see is an option use the existing recording
priority value when deciding what to expire. In other words sorting by
priority and then date instead of just date. When it comes time to
reclaim disk space I don't want a recent low priority show to count for
more than an older high priority show which I think does happen now
(haven't looked at the source).

On the recording side I guess you could assign a priority to each
search criteria, maybe AFI's recommendations count for more than
Oscar's.

Anyway, I think with a little tweaking the built-in priority feature
can accomplish what you want with classes of disk space.

- George