[mythtv] Roku ?

David Shay david at shay.net
Thu Jan 13 09:12:40 EST 2005

I saw some posts about a year ago on the Roku HD1000
(http://www.rokulabs.com/products/hd1000/index.php) .  I am mainly
interested in using it as a HDTV frontend.  I already have an Epia M10000
acting as a master backend (PVR-250) and frontend , with another machine
which currently has a PVR-250 and will soon have a PCHDTV-3000 card in it.
Unfortunately, the Epia doesn't have the horsepower to decode HDTV, as I
understand it.  I really wanted something with an A/V profile (and
relatively silent) to use, but it needs to be able to decode HDTV.  It looks
like out-of-the box, with some very minor hacking, you could mount an NFS
filesystem and play the HDTV streams recorded by the PCHDTV-3000. They also
have an SDK which might be able to further extends it's abilities with
respect to Myth integration.

Is anybody using one of these at all?  Anybody using it in conjunction with
Myth?