Fwd: [mythtv] CVS fails to compile - using Gentoo ebuilds

Rob Rosenfeld mythtv.org at rosenfeld.to
Tue Jan 11 04:31:35 EST 2005

Ashley Bostock wrote:

>Thanks for the reply, but...
>
>Running "ebuild mythtv-cvs-0.16.ebuild config" in the
>"/usr/local/portage/media-tv/mythtv-cvs" directory I get:
>
> * This ebuild does not have a config function.
>

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:51:00 +0100, Nick Rosier <nick.rosier at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Got the same problem; I think settings.pro was changed. It includes this line:
>>CONFIG += using_xvmc
>>which I think is causing the problem; the e-build script doesn't
>>comment it out if you're not using XvMC.
>>I ran an ebuild mythtv-cvs-0.16.ebuild config and manually commented
>>that line out.
>>Just ebuild ... compile, merge... and it should work.
>>
>>N.

Y'all are probably using different CVS ebuild scripts.  Two or three
different versions have been posted to the list in the last couple
weeks.  Depending on the script you have, you should just be able to
copy a sed block and replace the strings in its regex to comment out the
xvmc line for you.  Then just run emerge as you were doing before.