[mythtv] Re: MythGame UAE?

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 09:42:29 EST 2005

Anyone ever tried to integrate UAE - the amiga
emulator to MythGame?

I know Cloanto licence a CD with the ROMS and games
on.  Perhaps it could identify the disc and transfer
the files to the hard drive.

A decent, user friendly front end would be needed.
Each game could be identified and matched up to run
with preset configurations - I know that some websites
lke Back2Roots had such downloadable configurations
for WinUAE.  This would cut out plenty of the
technical options which could then be put in ADVANCED
options.  This would just leave the less
technical/jargon options like Joystick ports, disk
drives, load/save state for people to play with.

I also think the main screen for MythGame could have
icons of each system (i.e. nice photo of an Amiga,
SNES etc) before you choose which emulator to run.

I for one hated consoles! put Amiga Emulators on
somebody!  I'm no programmer, but I'd happily discuss
this in detail with anyone interested.

-Nick