[mythtv] Q: scheduler modification for mutually exclusive devices

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:10:37 EST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Steve Davies wrote:
]If ATSC/NTSC channels are also kept on separate "Virtual inputs" I
]believe you have a scheduler that meets requirements :)

I'm just starting to look at the scheduler code. One of the things I
want to do is let the pcHDTV use the bttv device, but it can't use this
at the same time as the atsc device. Placing the bttv info in the
pcHDTV device entry leads to a lot of ugliness in tv_rec, so I'd like to
create a separate entry for the bttv card. Am I correct in thinking
that ProgramInfo::IsSameTimeslot() and IsSameProgramTimeslot() are the
only things in the scheduler I have to look at if the bttv and atsc
devices each have their own cardid?

-- Daniel