[mythtv] Help Writing MythTV Plugin

Evan Klinger eklinger at uci.edu
Tue Jan 4 11:56:32 EST 2005

Good morning. I did not receive any reply to my MythTV plugin question,
so I am resending it in hopes that someone who knows more about the
internals of MythTV will be able to lend a helping hand.

I am writing a MythUpdate module to periodically check for newer
versions of MythTV and then download and install them. However, I cannot
figure out how to make my plugin run in the background, as it does not
have any UI. I've tried making my plugin inherit QThread and running it
that way, I've tried putting the plugin to sleep() for the idle times
between updates but alas nothing seems to work - my plugin always
remains in the front of other plugins, or at least I cannot figure out
how to bring back the main Myth menu. I'm currently running the plugin
through mythfrontend by using "mythfrontend mythupdate." Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Evan Klinger