[mythtv] Experimental epia/xvmc colour osd HACK

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Tue Jan 4 04:31:58 EST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 19:27, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> The text is now rendered in monochrome and not anti-aliased so you need to
> make sure you have freetype hinting working and you are using a font that
> supports it. (e.g. Arial). Then the fonts should look ok.

i tried both the ttf fonts supplied with myth
i will try with arial...
done that. it is better - but not great. will check hinting later today

> > when you hit "M" to get the menu i notice that the areas of flat colour
> > are not that (flat). is this the best it will get?
>
> Um. which areas of flat colour? can you describe what you're seeing?
after you select Menu you get a series of options on the top left of the
screen:

Program Guide
Picture-in-Picture
Enable Browse Mode
etc.

the highlighted one has a solid grren background - fine
the others have an alpha blended gray background (hard to describe)
this is rendered in three bands (lightest at the top going o darkest at the
bottom

it just looks odd to me
i cannot take a screenshot as this is overlaid - i tried anyway, knowing it
would fail - and it did :-)

> > ps wrote an ebuild to apply this automagically if anyone is interested
> Hmmm, I'd rather that only people who know what they're doing use this for
> now so it's probably best that it has to be manually applied.

ok, but there an awful lot of people on this list who have great difficulty
with patch/diff/cvs/... at least with an ebuild that all happens for you
programmatically. i'll write my own ebuild rather than install something
manually. i have ebuilds for the cvs versions of myth and the latest ivtv
driver

regards
--
simon