[mythtv] Re: Channel Selection

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Mon Feb 28 22:23:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:16 +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >> 	0.17 shouldn't even have those tables
> >> (unless you have upgraded from an earlier version,
> >>   in which case they should contain your pre-upgrade
> >>    tuning settings)
> >
> > Nope, fresh install.
>
> 	Sorry, you are right. Just before 0.17, an upgrade would
> delete those tables. 0.17 doesn't delete them, but it also
> doesn't use them.

> > Don't know what you have got in Sydney, in Perth I find nothing.
> >
> > So man weeks of spelunking later:
> >
> > In channel setup -> advanced set a transport for every station of
> > interest. IE Aus: 7, 9, 10, ABC, SBS
>
> 	I think you can skip this part, because the scan step will
> create the channels as it finds them. But it is tedious to have
> to set the bandwidth, and type in 5 or 6 different frequencies.
>
> 	I have been toying with the idea of using either channels.conf,
> or the dvb_channels table, as a "hint" for getting the scanning
> details, but I think it is only of use in Australia - probably not
> worth adding?

I'd wait just a little while because
a) I've got a re-org of scanwiz in the pipe line.
b) I've been wandering about adding it myself :)
	I'm not sure  about whether to import the scan source file or
channels.conf ? Which would you suggest. Either way I think I'd import
the transports from the file, and then scan each of them.

--
John