[mythtv] mythfilldatabase error with current cvs

Neil Rubin rubin.neil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:47:40 UTC 2005

Hi Isaac,

Hmmm...

Enabling mythtv to create temporary tables did fix precisely the same
error messages when I was getting them--about a week ago.  My error
messages included ones about failure to create the temporary tables,
so I don't see how the database connection pool changes could have
been causing the problem.

My "mythconverg" database dates from sometime in 2002, which I believe
predates the addition of the create temporary tables privilege to the
production version of MySQL.  Maybe the changes in mythfilldatabase
simply made obvious a problem with the way my database privileges have
been for the last few years.  That said, such an old database has to
be pretty rare.

Maybe the poster's problem is different than mine, but all I can say
is that when I started getting the same error messages about a week
ago, the fix I posted fixed the problem.

                                          Neil

P.S.  Isaac, are you the same Isaac Richards who lived in Hitchcock
House at CWRU sometime around 1996-98?  As suggested above, I've been
using your code since practically the day you announced it in 2002,
and I've been meaning to thank you for writing MythTV and making it
available to the world.