[mythtv] What can packagers/distro developers do to help thestability of 'released' version of MythTV?

Bill Jackson bill.jackson at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 02:54:51 UTC 2005

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>I can second trac and subversion being a damned sweet combination...
>
>We use this combo for about 20 different projects at work, and I've recently
>stashed all the stuff that comprises my web pages into it.

    I wonder - what do folks think of bitkeeper?  I have to admit I
haven't followed what
    technology is popular these days,  but from all this discussion it
seems like mythtv is on the verge of
    needing to manage changes that are getting complicated - the bitkeeper
    'changeset' concept seems to be pretty good at helping with complexity.

    As Isaac is a scarse resource, maybe giving him a bigger & better
hammer is worthwhile,
    at the cost of making contributors do a more work.  If you're
looking at options,
    I suggest considering bitkeeper.
-bj