[mythtv] Java Sockets to Myth - waiting for thread

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Feb 23 13:44:10 UTC 2005

On 2/23/2005 8:10 AM, David Whyte wrote:

>... I have been using mythweb as an example of how to communicate to
>the server, but it doesn't seem to work too well.
>
>I am using 0.16 but have been using the code from 0.17 to see how this
>stuff is intepreted.  I hope the general rules didn't change too much.

Nope, just a couple of new backend commands IIRC.

>I have attached the Java code incase anyone wanted to take a look, but
>any other pointers would be great.

I am also not a java expert.  The one thing I was wondering is do you
get an error from the backend on the proto version?  Or do you see those
thread messages immediately on connect?  I think you need to pass a
protocol version in the command (e.g. MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 14).

HTH,
David