[mythtv] patch just gone in which breaks all the modules?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Feb 23 12:37:59 UTC 2005

Quoting Oscar Carlsson <webmaster at trekotor.se>:

> Simon Kenyon wrote, On 2005-02-23 11:15:
> > On Wednesday 23 February 2005 09:56, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> >

> >>Shortly apparently.
> >

> > seen no discussion about this - other than isaac saying 8 days ago that
> > connection pooling would solve the problem
> >
> > not sure where "avalanche" is based - germany i suspect (based on the one
> > email from him to the list a year ago)
> > i hope he has the patches for the other modules ready to rock and roll
>
> Is it really that hard to just wait with your hourly CVS upgrades if
> it's that important with working modules to you?

this is getting silly

i wanted to upgrade to latest CVS - to get the mythcontext changes
one of frontends is a laptop and sometimes i want fullscreen and sometimes i
want a window
i did the upgrade on my laptop and then went to bed
the next morning (today) i did two other machines (and they broke)
i went to look to see why and saw that these changes had been made at 5am
i also saw no discussion that this was going to happen
in addition, the CVS entry says that they would break the other modules

so i just asked a question
no big deal - i'm not complaining - i really am not
sometimes it is very hard to get the tone of an email right
maybe i should just shut up

all i wanted to do was alert people to a "potential" problem

--
Simon Kenyon
The Koala Computer Company Limited
email: simon at koala.ie