[mythtv] Mythcommflag orphaned when program is deleted while

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Feb 23 04:29:08 UTC 2005

> I assumed that if commerical flagging was in progress, and you deleted
> a program, then mythcommflag would die, somehow.

This was tested working a while back.  The backend delete thread should
be sending a STOP message to the jobqueue to stop the job and then
waiting 20 seconds for it to stop.  I'm not sure why this happened.  I'll
try to reproduce and and get a fix in if I find anything.

> And the file was/is indeed gone from the backend when I deleted it:
>
> [root at backend1 tv]# ls -al 2089*
> ls: 2089*: No such file or directory
>
> So what was the commflag doing, and would it ever have died?
> (Questions, I'm sorry I didn't get logs to answer)

Just because you didn't see the file doesn't mean that mythcommflag
still wasn't flagging it. :)  In *nix, it is possible to remove a file
while it is still being used by your program or another program.

Anyway, I'll take a look and see what I can find.  I think I'll redo the way
it send the stop in this instance to make sure it happens faster since the
delete thread is held up in JobQueue::DeleteAllJobs() waiting for the job
to stop.

--

Chris