[mythtv] blurry osd colour text for Xv output

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Tue Feb 22 22:22:36 UTC 2005

For teletext and subtitle fonts I tried using the existing osd colour font
implementation in the OSD classes for standard Xv output.
The results are rather poor, as the colour pixels are unregularly distributed,
resulting in blurry fonts. Has probably to do with the YUV420 algorithms, but
are there some better overlay routines in development?
Currently the colored subtitles and teletext is unreadable, and forcing me to
use B&W fonts only.

Any idea's how to improve this?

Martin