[mythtv] Slave backends & Input Configuration

Jeremy Huddleston eradicator at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 21 21:55:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:12 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Funnily enough, I'm on the list - there's no need to CC me.

whoops... sorry 'bout that.

> Also, it sounds like you haven't followed the setup instructions and are using
> a separate SQL server for each backend, instead of one server like you're
> supposed to.

The master is 10.0.10.1 and the slave is 10.0.10.77.  I have set the
master backend IP address to 10.0.10.1 and 'this server' IP address to
10.0.10.77 in mythsetup.  Is there something else that needs to be done?
If so, it is not mentioned in the HOWTO.

Also, I haven't run mythfilldatabse on the slave backend.

Here's showing I can connect to the master server's mysql database from
the slave

$ echo "select * from videosource;" | mysql -u mythtv --password=mythtv
--host=10.0.10.1 mythconverg
sourceid        name    xmltvgrabber    userid  freqtable       lineupid
password
1       Cable   datadirect      ##HIDDEN##        default CA60321:-
##HIDDEN##