[mythtv] Backtrace: Goom segfaults

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Feb 21 10:00:58 UTC 2005

>Should be easy to figure out what those values are and trap them at a higher
>level, so all 3 functions can be fixed in the same place..  Just have it
>print out the values it's using to calculate px/py if either go below 0.

I do agree, however, have a look at the posted backtrace.  All the
obvious params to the penultimate function look sane.  The only thing I
can't see is "brutD[myPos2]" - perhaps there is something peculiar going
on here?

I did a diff on that whole file and just quickly I couldn't see any
functionality changes, only really style diffs.  I assume it's something
to do with this param higher up, or perhaps the algorithms for the
swirling stuff have just changed enough to cause this problem...?

Would appreciate another set of eyes on it anyway.  Will try and post
any new debug info that I can find.

Ed W