[mythtv] Trying to compile linux-2.6.10-DVB

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Feb 21 06:42:27 UTC 2005

On Sunday 20 Feb 2005 23:00, you wrote:
> > On Sunday 20 Feb 2005 07:35, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > > Im trying to compile linux-2.6.10-DVB, from the current CVS of
> > > dvb-kernel, but Im having problems.
> > >
> > > the routine or51211.c is looking for bt878.h, which exists, but
> > > obviously is not in its (include) path.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else seen this problem?
> > > I can fix it, but wonder how many other places Im going to have similar
> > > problems.
> >
> > Are you trying to compile out of tree? or by using makelinks and building
> > in the kernel tree?
> > I believe there is still a limitation that bt878 based cards require
> > building in tree.
> >
> > --
>
> Im trying to build using the makelinks thing from the kernel tree.
> Is that 'in tree' ?

Yup.

Aha... I've just re-synced to latest CVS.... and:-

drivers/media/dvb/frontends/or51211.h:27:19: bt878.h: No such file or
directory

Must be a problem with latest dvb CVS/and or using it against 2.6.10.
Looks like it's the only one with the problem, so just patch it there and
report to linux-dvb at linuxtv.org.

Regards,

--
Ivor