[mythtv] Backtrace: Goom segfaults

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Feb 20 13:00:27 UTC 2005

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

>> I've seen this one for quite a while too - it makes goom pretty
>> useless.  but I can get it to segfault with debug symbols. It seems
>> to segfault quicker for me if goom is in full screen mode.  I have
>> MMX disabled across the board in MythMusic since it doesn't like to
>> compile on AMD64s.
>

> Quick tip: How do I disable just MMX?

I didn't mean to send that to the list actually.. However, have just
recompiled without MMX (I think) and got a segfault.  Wasn't running
under the debugger though.

Chances are though that simply commenting out the "defines += HAVEMMX"
in the mythmusic settings.pro didn't disable MMX for me?  Reason I think
that is the CPU usage is quite low and before I wasn't seeing a segfault
at all when running purely under debug settings...?

I agree with your observation though that it's more likely in full
screen mode.

I also notices the the new goom seems to be released.  This time it's
advertised as being available in more of a lib format.  Wonder if anyone
has investigated integrating it?

Ed W