[mythtv] Adding default User Job setting per recording profile

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Sun Feb 20 00:39:38 UTC 2005

I've got a User Job that symlinks my recording to another directory with
a filename like programname/episodename.mpg in a file system that's
exported to my xbox media center.  Fantastic!  However, every time I
schedule a recording that I want exported (most of them) I have to
enable user job #1 from the recording settings screen, kinda an
inconvenience, and this function isn't available on mythweb.

So what I was going to do was add a default for the user jobs so they're
not always disabled by default.  First I thought I'd put the default per
job in the backend setup, but that's not a good idea because it's
per-backend, which may or may not be a good idea.

My next idea was to add this as a per-recording profile item, which fits
with the "Automatically transcode after" per-profile option.  The only
disadvantage I can see here is when you change the recording profile
from "Storage Options", it would automatically modify the settings in
"Post Recording Processing".  I don't know if that's a big deal or not.
The defaults would be stored in the recordingprofiles table and will be
copied to the record table into the autouserjob* fields.

So before I make these changes and submitted a patch, is there any
opposition to me implementing it that way?  Anyone have any better ideas?