[mythtv] Backtrace: possible bug in dvbsignal monitor

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Feb 19 17:54:48 UTC 2005

> More annoying though is that before when the backend died,
> the frontend
> used to popup a box to that effect and continue happily.  Now
> it pops up
> the box, but then pretty much hangs, the gui goes away, but
> it doesn't
> actually terminate the process so even my daemontools monitor doesn't
> know to restart it...

I don't know if this is related or not, but i had some strange results with
my windows filters.
I've been seeing socket errors and connection to the backend disapering for
no apparent reason, when this happends the backend is still running fine.
I started to debug this but didn't get very far, it looks as if my problems
was caused by the backend.

I also manged to get it to segfault but i didn't run it under gdb so i
coudn't capture a backtrace.