[mythtv] innodb vs myism preformance

Daniel Manjarres danmanj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 21:12:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:56:18 -0500 (EST), Chris Pinkham
<cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > convert recorded to MYISAM, oldrecoreded back to innnodb........first
> > delete takes 10 seconds, AND a a new stutter appears after the
> > recording is done (this may be uncorrelated).
>
> This stutter could be the actual delete going on in the background.

Actually I meant to say the stutter happened after the delete dialog
was "finished". My recollection is that when you ask to delete a
confirm dialog pops up. when you tell it to REALLY delete the confirm
dialog dissapears, but the GUI pauses before repainting the main
window behind the dialog (or doing anything else for that matter).
This second stutter happened after the background was painted, but
before the GUI responded to any input. Like I said it may be something
else, I only had a sample size of one, as I was having trouble finding
shows I was willing to delete at this point.