[mythtv] DVB drivers for HD-2000 and HD-3000

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Feb 18 20:34:16 UTC 2005

It appears the DVB drivers for *both* pcHDTV cards, including QAM
support for HD-3000, have been accepted into the DVB CVS repository.

I also saw a note on the pchdtv forum that it's possible to use the
normal v4l analog capture driver alongside the DVB digital driver
(though obviously not at the same time).

So... what does this mean for v4l/v4l2 support of HD-2000/HD-3000 in
MythTV?  I personally think there's no more reason to keep improving
hdtvrecorder, though since it will be a while before everybody wants to
upgrade to the DVB drivers it should not be removed.  I know I
personally need to wait for new nVidia drivers before I can upgrade my
kernel, which is a prerequisite for these new DVB drivers.

Thoughts?

-Doug