[mythtv] Fwd: Increased Network Traffic

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Fri Feb 18 09:15:16 UTC 2005

The backend has 2 pvr 250s. Sometime in the
  last couple of weeks, mythtv has become unusable over my 802.11g
  connection. Typically, to watch tv, i used to see network traffic of
  around 600kb/s. RIght now, when I watch tv, my network traffic is
  around 2.2 Mb/s which is about the best 802.11g can do.

Have you increased the recording bit rate or are you watching a
recording at a higher "quality". I've noticed that I can watch my low
quality recordings over 802.11g, but high quality is very jumpy.

Brad