[mythtv] Increasing Buffer Size

Nathan Manzi plasma at synaptik.com.au
Thu Feb 17 12:51:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been having a problem with MythTV and DVB, I get blocky picture on
High Definition streams (I'm in Australia, we have QAM 64 streams FYI)
and I was wondering how I would be able to fix this. I had the same
problem with opening the streams in Xine, and I resolved it by
Increasing the size of the Audio and Video buffers. Do the devs think
that doing the same to myth would also fix this problem?

I changed the buffers to 800 for Video and 500 for Audio in the Xine
config. Which source file(s) should I look at to do the same to Myth?

I'm using a FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus card, 3ghz P4 HT, 1gb RAM and Xine
v0.99.3.

Thanks,
Nathan Manzi