[mythtv] Documentation

Eggert Thorlacius eggi-spam at menandmice.com
Thu Feb 17 11:28:55 UTC 2005

On 17.2.2005, at 01:44, Brad Templeton wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:50:08PM -0800, Nav Jagpal wrote:
>> That is why I think a step-by-step document for installing, and
>> perhaps even using, MythTV would be a good to get a larger user
>> community.
>>
>> Comments/suggestions?
>
> Sounds good, perhaps you can start writing on the mythtv.info wiki
> and others will join in?   There are of course lots of scattered
> docs so a good thing for you to do to start would be to talk to their
> authors and see what can be done about consolidating.  (Most people
> don't
> want to mirror their own docs because that gets out of sync and they
> no longer learn how many are reading them etc.)

One thing that I think would be useful (but haven't had the time to add
myself [tm]) is a glossary.  A single page listing short definitions of
common terms (OSD, XvMC, nuv, msp3400 etc.) and how the relate to
MythTV,  along with links to more detailed info for each.  Of course,
all of this info is available to anyone that knows how to use google,
but having it all on one page would help a lot of newbies ploughing
through the docs for the first time.

Eggert