[mythtv] Scheduler / Time to Record Start-End / Multiple Cards

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Thu Feb 17 03:37:39 UTC 2005

Mark Heydon <mark2003 at mhcg.org.uk> writes:

> I have 5 mins set on both the  'Time to record before start' and 'Time to
> record past end' settings
> The next 10 shows that are scheduled for recording:
> Wed 2/16 7:25 PM - Encoder 1 - ITV1 - Coronation Street
> Coronation Street (7:30 PM-8:00 PM)
>
> This recording will start in 0 hours and 14 minutes using encoder 1 with
> the 'Default' profile.
>  Wed 2/16 7:55 PM - Encoder 1 - ITV1 - The Bill
> The Bill (8:00 PM-9:00 PM)
>
> This recording will start in 0 hours and 44 minutes using encoder 1 with
> the 'Default' profile.
>
> You see they are both using Encoder 1 and will, in effect, stop recording
> Coronation Street dead on 8 p.m. and start The Bill

A related comment:  It would be cool if myth noticed that these were
on the same channel, and copied the incoming data from a single
capture card to two output files simultaneous for the 10 minutes
from 7:55 to 8:05...  I seem to have several cases were only one
of two adjacent shows on the same channel get recorded, since I
have recording specific start/end times.

Dan