[mythtv] Scheduler / Time to Record Start-End / Multiple Cards

Mark Heydon mark2003 at mhcg.org.uk
Wed Feb 16 19:18:16 UTC 2005

Not sure I would say this is a bug, but certainly a bit odd in my opinion
but.....

I have 5 mins set on both the  'Time to record before start' and 'Time to
record past end' settings but the scheduler doesn't seem honour these even
if you have one TV stood idle.

For example, tonight I have the following up and coming recordings....(I
know they are both on the same channel so not that much of an issue but it
does the same across channels)

The next 10 shows that are scheduled for recording:
Wed 2/16 7:25 PM - Encoder 1 - ITV1 - Coronation Street
Coronation Street (7:30 PM-8:00 PM)

This recording will start in 0 hours and 14 minutes using encoder 1 with
the 'Default' profile.
 Wed 2/16 7:55 PM - Encoder 1 - ITV1 - The Bill
The Bill (8:00 PM-9:00 PM)

This recording will start in 0 hours and 44 minutes using encoder 1 with
the 'Default' profile.

You see they are both using Encoder 1 and will, in effect, stop recording
Coronation Street dead on 8 p.m. and start The Bill then when really, as
Encoder 2 is sat there doing nothing all night!  Wouldn't it be better to
honour the 5 mins start/end settings and start recording The Bill at 7:55
using Encoder 2?

Mark

----
Mark