[mythtv] Nuvexport CVS issue

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Feb 16 02:30:44 UTC 2005

> Unknown video codec 'mpeg2video'

The error is pretty clear:  your version of ffmpeg does not support
mpeg2video (likely output).  Are you running a stock ffmpeg package?
mpeg encoding isn't compatible with the GPL and most distros have to
remove support for it from their packages.

> I had been running successfully with the version of NUVEXPORT from CVS
> as of February 6th, and even used that same version with 0.17 of Myth.

And the new nuvexport defaults to ffmpeg instead of transcode (it's MUCH
MUCH faster if you don't need noise reduction).  If you want the old
behavior, use the --transcode option.

-Chris