[mythtv] Re: Typo in ivtvdecoder.cpp

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Feb 14 19:26:12 UTC 2005

Jeremiah Morris wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:52 AM, David Engel wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:37:04AM -0500, Jeremiah Morris wrote:
>>
>>> It's a good opportunity to revisit this file and convert the cout/cerr
>>> into VERBOSE messages as they should be...

I'll agree with everybody on whatever. It's really no big deal =).
My own suggestion for a 'rule of thumb' would be that any cout or
cerr that is not commented out should be converted to VERBOSE.
Cout or cerr that are commented out should be left in peace.
Sometimes there is normally useless information unless checking
for a specific problem. If the situation comes up again, it is
easier to uncomment than to figure out what you had printed before.

Of course the other possibility is that these saved debugging tools
should use the VERBOSE macro even though they are commented out.
Also, if someone did want to convert commented out cerrs to VERBOSE,
it would be polite to leave the new VERBOSE commented out too.

--  bjm