[mythtv] external deinterlacers/filters for MythTV?

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Mon Feb 14 16:10:12 UTC 2005

Is there any possibility to have external deinterlacers or filters
active in MythTV besides the ones that get installed? As far as
deinterlacing is concerned I experience judder (non smooth image) and/or
jitter (vertical jumping image) when using bobdeint. I already posted
about this last week, with not much response. How about the DScaler
software (GPL) that is available for Windows?

The thing is, that the SiS X driver (ASUS Pundit, many users!) doesn't
support OpenGL, thus no Vsync calibration, and so deinterlace timing is
off when it is out of sync with vertical refresh. It leads to field
reversal -> jitter. On top of that, the TV-out (CRT2) of the SiS video
bridge can only output progressive material, so it needs either a
software interlacer (bobdeint, see above, the only one that maintains
full frame rate) or a VGA to RGB converter cable which I am soldering
right now. Since it is not expected to work on all systems I am still
open to any suggestions about good deinterlacing.

-- Jeroen