[mythtv] DEC2000-t scan hangs - more info

Des Herriott des.herriott at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:06:34 UTC 2005

Hi - this mail refers to an original message posted by Frank Muenchow
regarding problems with a DEC2000-t DVB-t device.  I have what appears
to be the same problem, but this time in the UK.  Also, my PC has a
second tuner - a Hauppage WinTV Nova-T - which is working perfectly,
so I suspect a problem specific to the DEC2000-t here.

Frank's original post: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/109510

Please also see my original mail in mythtv-users:

Both devices (DEC2000-t and Nova-T) receive the same signal - UK
Freeview.  Both worked fine pre-DVB patch, and still work fine with
external apps (tzap/mplayer etc.)

I've attached output from "dvbsnoop -n 1 0x0" for both devices
(running "dvbsnoop -n 1 0x10" hangs, same as it did for Frank).  I
admit to not truly understanding what the output means, but I noticed
Taylor asked for this info last time; hopefully differing results for
two devices on the same signal will provide some kind of clue about
what's up with the DEC2000-t...

--
Des Herriott
des.herriott at gmail.com