[mythtv] 0.17 modules broke?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 13 18:26:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:09:54AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > Nope. Nothing's changed about how they find the mythtv includes - the
> > > modules have always required the mythtv one to be installed first.
> >
> > I believe I misunderstood you, then.  Or perhaps my problem was that I
> > was failing to whack the libraries in my early CVS days.  But I was
> > definitively compiling everything, *then* installing everything, in my
> > early days of building CVS (10/04, I think), and it worked for a while,
> > then quit.
>
> Sure, that will work until there's an incompatible change. =)  There weren't
> terribly many for a while post 0.16.

Ah.

So I was inadvertantly taking advantage of already installed libraries.

I now have a mythwhack script that kills off all the old stuff, for use
before builds.  (Though, of course, I forgot to run it this time; I
hope that's not the reason for my out of sync transcodes...)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me