[mythtv] nuv->split->dvd

Fa Yoeu fayoeu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:24:19 UTC 2005

For the life of me, I can't figure this out.  I have a nuv file 10GB
total that I would like to split into 2 pieces so I can feed it to
dvdauthor.  This should be fairly trivial since all I need to do is
cut the mpeg2 file in have.  I have tried several things.  The first
is nuvexport, but it is trying to do re-encoding and I don't think it
is necessary to re-encode.  The 2nd try was with a utility called
mpgtx (aka mpgtx-split).  This lead to mpg files that dvdauthor
doesn't like.  I tried mpgtx both with the nuv file, then with the mpg
created by the mplex.  I have sucessfully created DVDs before using
the following snippet of a script:

mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0