[mythtv] Possible Live TV Audio buffering problem in 0.17 ?

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Sun Feb 13 06:56:33 UTC 2005

Running kernel 2.4.29, with ALSA 1.0.8.  I've noticed a problem watching
live regular TV, don't have HD, when you
switch channels. Both my frontends are exhibiting the problem.  Managed
to correct it in one by enabling audio buffering but the other is still
doing it.  Remote backend running over 100BT.  Watch live tv, then start
channel surfing.  Audio starts to back up and console starts printing
messages about audio buffering problems.  Video also starts to get
jumpy.  Also
using the new libmpeg2 option since my recordings are from a PVR250.

It can be worked around in two ways, pause the TV and then unpause and
rewind or escape back to the menu and hit
live TV again after switching channels.  Myth 0.16 didn't exhibit this
problem for me.  Has anybody else seen this
problem ?

Thanks

Yan