[mythtv] Re: Scheduler behavior, why?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Feb 12 18:33:19 UTC 2005

Anduin Withers wrote:
>>>It could easily bump BSG or Monk to resolve the conflict, it doesn't.
>>
>>Do you have the "Reschedule Higher Priorities" setting enabled?
>

> No, though judging only by the description I don't see how it comes into

Then either the description or your judging is poor because this
is precisely what this options is for. Reread the section for
Reschedule Higher Priorities in:

> play in this scenario. Everything starting at 22:00 has the same priority
> and the next earliest opportunity to rerecord (at 00:00) has a free tuner
> and the opportunity after that (01:00) has two free tuners.

You haven't distingushed them by proirity so by the tie breaking
rules, NUMB3RS lost. The scheduler could have moved a show that
won priority and has a later showing but you haven't yet told the
scheduler that it is permitted to do this.

--  bjm