[mythtv] Failed DVB recording

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 02:10:56 UTC 2005

Quoting Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu>:
> > > 2005-02-09 18:30:04.271 DVB#0 DVB signal 5300 | snr 5000 | ber 143af12 |
> unc
> OK. I've worked out how to do this now by tuning with tzap and then
> using dvbsnoop to look for the PMT data. They are coming in about
> every 0.19 seconds most of the time - one or are longer but the longest
> that I've seen is about 0.35 or so.

OK then timing is not an issue there..

If I remember right you posted something else that showed a very low signal
5000s or so both for signal and more imporantly SNR.. Is this a typical value
for you?  Do you ever have reception issues?  I am wondering if you just have a
bad signal or if its possible you had some signal fade when this recording was
attempted..

We also still plan on dealing with Signal Loss and Off Air channels is a much
more elegant way that will not result in timeouts like this (assuming there
isn't really a problem with the code and it will get a PMT eventually).  We
could then flag the recording as questionable, but the signal handling code
isn't implimented yet..

Taylor