[mythtv] Re: Teletext and /or subtitles in myth

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Fri Feb 11 20:30:11 UTC 2005

Onsdag den 2. februar 2005 17:11 skrev Torbjörn Jansson:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> scribbled on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

[....]
> > Currently, subtitles are extracted from a /dev/vbi device (if
> > available). The code is based on the alevt teletext decoding stuff
> > and added
> > to the nuppel
> > player and recorder code. Page 888 is indeed the default page
> > (somewhere defined in the mythconverg mysql database.)
>
> Is there a gui option for changing this? Or do i have to manualy insert the
> setting VBIpageNr and configure it to the page?
> And what if there is different page numbers for different channels? This is
> the case here in sweden.
There isn't (yet?). The first author of the teletext interface wanted to
toggle the various teletext pages with the 'T' key but never got around to
it. I couldn't figure out how to get the list of the teletext pages stored in
the recording so I only fixed it so it would work on SAA7134 cards and not do
buffer overruns. Any further action in this area would be very much
appreciated :)

I think with the latest landmarks in the OSD a Teletext menu where you pick
and choose from the embedded pages would be the best solution, but I haven't
got the coding skills to implement that....

/Martin.