[mythtv] Input Source Preference question/DVB cards

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Feb 11 17:32:46 UTC 2005

What exactly does the Input Preference in the Input sources do? I
thought it would pick a particular card / input for recording when a
show was available on more than one input. If I have local channels on
cable on one pvr250 and local channels from dish on another can I set
the Input preference higher on the dish card so it would try and record
from that card over the cable card? I know you can do it per Channel in
the database but I would rather have it done per card, it would be easier.

The main reason for asking this I have added two DVB cards (air2PC) and
I would like to have them as the first choice for recording. The setup
program does not have the Input Preference on the DVB settings under
Input Sources. It is a simple one line patch but I wanted to make sure
it will still work the same with the DVB cards.

Thanks,
James