[mythtv] PVR-250 field reversal

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Thu Feb 10 09:41:59 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 jeroen at fotoniq.nl wrote:
> ]> It sounds like the fields are getting reversed, what are you using for
> ]> capture (card, encoder & resolution)?
> ]I am using a PVR-250 @ 720x576 (Netherlands, PAL).
>
> I'm pretty sure the fields are getting reversed from what you told me.
>
> Your best bet is to ask the people over on the ivtv-dev mailing list if
> this is a known problem at 720x576. You will probably want to search
> both the mythtv-dev and ivtv-dev mailinglists first in case this
> question has been asked before.
>
> -- Daniel

I found out it doesn't matter at which resolution it runs, the jittering
remains now and then, very annoying. On the other hand, I use xine for DVD
playing together with its own bob deinterlacer, it works flawlessly. Is
there still development going on regarding this issue?

As mentioned by Bruce Markey, I recompiled myth with the OpenGL function
enabled in settings.pro, but unfortunately this doesn't yield any results.
I changed resolutions, refresh rates, but it seems the TV-out uses a fixed
refresh rate (50 Hz for PAL).

The video driver for the ASUS Pundit w/ integrated SiS video is this one:
http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtml which talks about Xv
functions an OpenGL here:
http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtml#22. As the chip is the SiS
651 it seems there is no hardware DRM or OpenGL acceleration.

I really start considering buying a nVidia PCI adapter... :P