[mythtv] new code just checked in to mythphone does not compile

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Tue Feb 8 16:57:13 UTC 2005

> I can't compile when festival support is activated in ./configure.
> There are paths in the config file with pauls name ;) Paul could you
> just insert real paths into the configure script?

It actually says this in the README --- you have to edit those paths
manually before you run configure, to tell it where to find Festival. Any
better ideas I am happy to hear.  I don't really want to overburden MythTV
by copying festival in as a subdir like other libs as it is quite big. Maybe
there is a way to dynamically link instead of statically linking; I have not
checked.

By the way; if when you get Festival compiled in it crashes then please let
me know --- there is a workround that involves renaming one of the variables
within Festival and recompiling it ---- I have never figured out why it does
it as a grep for the current variable name does not show anything in MythTV
is using it.