[mythtv] iptv driver

Robert R. mythmail at t-l-a.com
Tue Feb 8 01:05:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any information or ideas on capturing a RTP
mpeg2-ts stream from a IPTV source as a direct input for mythtv. The
format is an udp/rtp multicast and although I have not been able to read
the stream directly with mplayer, I can read it with rtpdump piped into
mplayer. The service has datadirect listings and I have a working mythtv
system using the video out from the vendor supplied set top box capturing
with a bt878 card and changing channels with a homebrew ir transmitter.

What I would like to be able to do is to either create a v4l interface or
base a driver on the mpeg capture driver to directly read the mpeg stream
or transcode it through to mpeg4 without the analog intermediate step.

Any ideas?
thanks