[mythtv] [bug]mythfrontend search list by channel or category

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Mon Feb 7 18:11:52 UTC 2005

Bruce Markey schreef:

> Steven wrote:
>
>> In the manage recordings/schedule recordings/search lists there is a
>> problem that you can't browse or select anything in the categories or
>> channel popup lists. This only seems to happen after playing a dvd
>> with xine. Restating the frontend fixes things.
>>
>> Strange but reproduceable on the 3 different machines I've tried.
>

> Most likely a window manager focus issue. After the focus has gone
> to xine, something might not be right when mythfrontend was raised.
> Try clicking the mouse (or equivilent) over the myth window and see
> if you get control back. I've also seen this sort of behavior if
> the pointer is left at an edge of the screen.
>
> --  bjm

You where right about it being a focus issue. It looks like xine moves
the mousecursor away from the center of the screen on stratup. After
killing xine focus does go back to mythfrontend and I can still controll
mythfrontend  but not the 2 popup selection boxes I've mentionend in my OP.
Moving the mouse curor in those boxes restores control (keyboard and
remote alike).
This also happens in the programguide where I can move the selected item
once but then i freezes. I remember seeing this reported a few times
before but never figured it to be related to using xine first.
Anyone know what to try to resolve this? I'm using fvwm2 as window
manager but I've seen the same thing happen using KDE.

Steven