[mythtv] WinTV PVRUSB2 support/reward?

jamesdurant at sc.rr.com jamesdurant at sc.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 16:11:37 UTC 2005

Hi, I may get reamed for proposing this, but as I have very little programming experience my only way to contribute to this question would be through testing and monetary support.  I have the WinTV pvrusb2 working perfectly with xawtv and furious_tv, but as of right now there is no support in MythTV due to some IOCTLs needing to be matched up with the card.  The card has a working V4L driver (justiceforall.free.fr/pvrusb2.html) which has been very stable for me, and the data the card sends is hardware compressed MPEG2 like the pci WinTV line.
The pro's to getting this to work is that it opens up recording on mythtv on laptops and even the Xbox (My system I'm using the card on right now with xawtv is usb 1.0, so the bandwidth is enough).  I'm willing to let someone borrow my WinTV pvrusb2 to work on it or donate $75 US to allow someone to buy one on ebay.  Hopefully someone can help out, b/c this would open up a pretty cool door, as the xbox becomes a PVR for cheap and not just a frontend.  I have a frontend running on my Xbox and it is great.  Thanks for the support, James