[mythtv] Problems with latest CVS & DVB & Unichrome

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sun Feb 6 09:20:21 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 Feb 2005 08:51, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2005 03:46 am, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > >
> > > Welp, one of you with the hardware running's really going to have to
> > > fix it. I can't, and don't really know what the problem is.
> > >
> > > Sounds like it could be Mark Anderson's patch, though.  Try commenting
> > > out the loop of av_remove_stream in AvFormatDecoder::Reset().
>
> <snip>
>
> > Just to confirm, that commit fixes the problem.
>
> Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

No probs although explaining to a three year old why he can't watch "Thomas"
because you're testing a patch must classify as advanced negotiation skills.

> > There is still the occasional: "XvMCPutSlice: This context does not own
> > decoder!" error, if the section marked "Doesn't seem necessary" is left
> > commented out. Although it doesn't seem to be fatal and the picture
> > recovers.
>
> Heh.  I'll see about fixing that as well.  It was just taking up time and
> didn't seem necessary at all for normal XvMC mode.

Hmm, don't get the "context" errors flipping channels now, but they do occur
if there's corruption in the mpeg stream. I guess its probably worth trying
to sort out the vld locking properly.

And finally.... the bob-deint appears to effectively just working as one field
deinterlacing on the epia-m. :(

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it/goog - MSN Search unbiased?