[mythtv] Video and Commercial Flagging Problems

Warren Volz wrv at cwru.edu
Sun Feb 6 04:22:01 UTC 2005

I posted this to the users list and got no response, so I am posting
this on the dev list. Also, I'm having problems with commercial
flagging automatically running after a show is recorded.

-Warren

My email about video problems is below. I should add that I have
verified that raw captures from my pvr-250 (ie: cat /dev/video0 >
/tmp/junk.mpg) do not show artifacts.

I looked over the mythtv-users list and haven't really found an exact
match to the problem I'm having. Video was working fine for
recordings/live tv until a few days ago when I upgraded to the CVS HEAD
version of mythtv. I would go back to the older version but transcoding
wasn't working with 0.16.

My problem is that recordings and live-tv have noticeable mpeg
artifacts when they are played/watched. I've gone through logs and I
don't see any comments about DMA errors (it's on for both hard drives I
have in my LVM volume), but there are lines like:

[mpeg2video @ 0x4089d010]slice mismatch
[mpeg2video @ 0x4089d010]00 motion_type at 24 14
[mpeg2video @ 0x4089d010]invalid mb type in B Frame at 28 29
[mpeg2video @ 0x4089d010]ac-tex damaged at 7 2

in mythfrontend's log. Thinking that my ivtv drivers were no longer
compatible with this version of myth, I upgraded to the most current
rc3* version (0.2.0-rc3f) but that hasn't helped. I've also checked
recordings on my computer and the artifacts are being recorded in the
mpeg not displayed on playback. Recordings before my upgrade play fine.

Any thoughts?

My system info is as follows:

MythTV - CVS HEAD
IvTv   - 0.2.0-rc3f
Kernel - 2.4.26 compiled with Slackware 10 default config options
Hauppauge PVR-250
CPU    - AMD Athlon XP 2600
RAM    - 512MB
HD     - LVM Volume with 2 drives (160GB & 200GB)