[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] Bob and XVMC

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Fri Feb 4 23:55:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
]Yup indeed fixes XvMC. Green flickering all over screen with just XV.

Are you getting the flickering in XV with the current CVS as of this
afternoon?

If so, can you comment out the src_h and disphoff subtractions, and tell
me if that fixes it?

]Out of interest what is the halfLineSrc adjustment supposed to be doing for
]XvMC? I thought the field 1 and 2 values were what told the XvMC driver which
]field was active. So why does the image need offsetting?

No idea why it's need, I think the driver should take care of it. It may
be just an nvidia driver bug. But XvMC standard is not clear on who
should do the offsetting, so doing or not doing the offsetting may both
be proper for the driver writer.

-- Daniel