[mythtv] deinterlace feature request / question

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Feb 4 18:24:54 UTC 2005

I think it may be good to have an option to not deinterlace 1080i
recordings. I keep the Deinterlace option turned on for standard
recordings but have to turn it off for 1080i content to get a better
picture. This is on a widescreen hdtv and it doesn't have to deinterlace
the 1080i content. I found I still need to deinterlace the standard
720x480 recordings or I will get slight tearing / interlaced video
around fast moving objects. Does this sound like something that would
make sense or is it just my setup?

- James